Dear Parents and Carers.
Following a site inspection this morning, I have made the decision to open St Hugh’s. I apologise for the confusion that this will cause and ask for your understanding. As I said yesterday, the students were amazing and I am sure they will be again today – it will be lovely to see them all.
Students have been advised to bring coats with them today, and it would be advisable for them to wear the academy jumper under their blazer, as an extra layer can make all the difference.
I will update you tomorrow morning again, as the temperatures are due to drop tonight, but I will complete another site inspection in the morning and let you know, so please look out for the text. Rest assured, if I can open the academy, I will. This will be dependent again on the weather and which rooms have heating.
Students will be permitted to wear their coats in class during this time. (We think of student comfort at all times and offer a similar response in the summer when they are allowed to take their blazers and ties off when it is warm).
We continue to work with the contractors to provide full heating across the Trust.
Thank you for your support during this time.