Teachers: Miss Cook and Mrs Gliddon
Teaching Assistants: Miss Green and Mrs Banasiak
- Number and place value: we will be recognising the value of digits up to 100 and learning number bonds to 20 which will help the children to identify number bonds to 100.
- Geometry: we will be identifying 2D and 3D shapes, describing their properties.
- Addition and subtraction: we will be learning addition and subtraction strategies using our knowledge of numbers up to 100.
- Position and direction: we will be ordering and identifying different patterns as well as describing objects using turns.
- Multiplication and division: we will be learning multiplication and division strategies and learning our 2X, 5X and 10X table.
- Time: we will be identifying the time to the nearest 5 minutes.
- Fractions: we will be recognising and writing fractions of shape and quantities.
- Statistics: we will be identifying and using different tables and charts as well as interpreting the data they show by answering different questions.
We will be continuing to use the Read, Write Inc. scheme to support reading and writing. It will develop the children’s fluency and understanding in reading; their ability to write grammatically correct sentences and to spell words using a wider range of letter sounds and patterns. We are also going to be writing in a variety of genres including diaries, instructions, recounts and stories.
Throughout the year, the children will have specific spelling, grammar and punctuation lessons alongside guided reading to improve written comprehension skills.
Animals and Living things: we will be identifying different habitats and how they provide the basic needs for different animals and plants. We will also identify and name a variety of plants and animals.
Use of everyday materials: We will be identifying and comparing everyday materials and finding out how the shapes of solid objects can be changed.
Plants: We will observe and describe how seeds and bulbs grow. We will also be finding out the basic needs of plants.
Animals including humans: We will be identifying a range of lifecycles in animals as well as humans. We will also be describing the basic needs of animals, including humans.
- Humans: We will be investigating the importance of exercise, healthy diet and hygiene.
Living things and food chains: we will explore the differences between living and non-living things and describe simple food chains.
Compare local and non-European country: we will be learning about Sydney, Australia and comparing it to Grantham, England. Also we will be identifying key physical and human features in both locations.
Maps: we will be looking at different maps and making our own using symbols in a key.
People and places in local history: We will be finding out about Isaac Newton.
- Great Fire of London: We are going to look at this key historical event and its impact on people’s lives at the time. We will be finding out about Samuel Pepys.
- Christopher Columbus: we will be finding out how Christopher Columbus contributed to national and international achievements.
Continents and Oceans: we will be identifying the world’s seven continents and five oceans.